Please take note of these helpful reminders regarding MasteryConnect and ThinkCentral by selecting the link.
The Utah State Core Standards for Elementary Mathematics have been approved by the Utah State Board of Education. The core documents are posted under the teacher tab in the grade-level materials.
Elementary Math Monthly News
Upcoming Professional Development
- October 20 Elementary Mathematics Endorsement Application Due
- January 9 New Elementary Mathematics Endorsement Cohort begins
- January 30 & 31 - Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics (UCTM) Conference
- April 12 - 6th-grade math training
K-6 Teacher Specialists
7-12 Teacher Specialist
Amy Kinder Ph.D
Jordan School District Mathematics Mission Statement
Support, sustain and inspire high-quality mathematics teaching - every day for every learner.
We will work together to:
- Engage learners in high-quality, rigorous mathematical experiences
- Promote mathematics as a sense-making endeavor
- Foster positive mathematical identities and growth mindsets
Changing mathematics programs in ways that reflect these beliefs requires collaborative efforts and ongoing discussions. Jordan School District stands ready to work with all stakeholders to improve mathematics education for all students. Through such dialogue and cooperative efforts, we can improve the mathematical experience of all students across the district.
What is happening in JSD Elementary Mathematics?
In order for all students to succeed, we are asking and answering these questions:
- What do we want students to know and be able to do?
- How will we know if they know it and can do it?
- What will we do if they don't know it and can't do it?
- What will we do if they do know it and can do it?
We are addressing these questions in every elementary school and classroom. Here's how:
- Scope and sequences to ensure access to the core for all students K-6.
- Formative assessments and examination of assessment data to evaluate student learning and mastery of the core, to provide intervention, and to inform instructional practice
- Implementing the Mathematical Teaching Practices as outlined by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) in Principles to Action.