What is happening in JSD Elementary Mathematics?
In order for all students to succeed, we are asking and answering these questions:
- What do we want students to know and be able to do?
- How will we know if they know it and can do it?
- What will we do if they don’t know it and can’t do it?
- What will we do if they do know it and can do it?
We are addressing these questions in every elementary school and classroom. Here’s how:
- Scope and sequences to ensure access to the core for all students K-6.
- Benchmark assessments and examination of assessment data to evaluate student learning and mastery of the core, to provide intervention, and to inform instructional practice.